Saturday, April 04, 2009

Treasured/Scribbles

Yosha everyone!

Recently last Thursday my uni held a "French-speaking Day" or "Le Jour Francophonie", an open convention in our Perdana Hall for the public especially secondary schools to promote my uni's "professionalism" in the language.

And there were performances from our uni, but hell can hardly understand their french, it's like they're speaking italian instead. Only students from the France Collaboration Programme (the course im taking) sounded decent x)

Besides, there were exhibitions of other famous aftifacts or monuments of France like of course the Eiffel Tower(one made in plasticine,others out of metal frames and even one made from satay sticks!) I saw an article bout the Moulin Rouge and just realized that it's REALLY an infamous nightclub with its own legends of the nightlife and deaths.

Then I ran my eyes across self-made posters, teaching people of basic words in french and its scary verb conjugations. One particular huge card depicting a huge family tree with pictures of celebrities and famous people playing the roles of mother,father,brother,cousin etc in the family branches...
Then I saw this...^(note the circled picture with the quote "une petite amie"...and yes the SWT?!! I would write WTF!?? but I thought of the children that might come across this blog :))



I believe that is Michelle Dee up there. hahahaha you know, the president of Interact Club in CH Miri of 2007/08. Question is how the...ok how did she end up there XD
For all I know she's not studying in my uni thats for sure. Plus the photo of her is like that of magazine or newspaper quality. So I thought "Wow, hey that's my classmate! She's a celebrity now? o.O". My friend Koon Soon was gaping at her prettiness and I had to slap him out of it :)
And hehe "une petite amie" in french to english means "a girlfriend". "un petit amie" would be a boyfriend.

hahaha an awesome find! Michelle is even more popular now because Koon Soon keeps pestering me for her. hahahaha!

Ok another thing unrelated, yesterday we had our math lecture and a new lecturer, Mr.Khalid took over instead. He's not exactly new, we've known his since our first semester. But then he was too busy with our seniors that we had to swap lecturers. Now that our seniors are off to France, he's back for us.

Hell, he looks like a simple man seriously but what works in his mind is are gears turning at the speed of light. He's a friggin math genius.

We started the lecture about trigonometry(the horrible angles of triangular equations) And he needed not any documents or papers to aid him in his lecture. All he had were 2 whiteboard markers which he juggled occasionally. He wrote notes about simple cosine and sine angles, explaining their relationship etc.

The whiteboard was small and we scribbled as he wrote notes. But as we go on, it gets harder to comprehend. He would make up sudden unrelated equations and proved their equivalence. We were all stumped. And there he was happily writing to the bottom of the whiteboard
and then jumping to the top with an eraser and ERASED THE TOP HALF already without even bother asking us. We had to furiously and fastly scribble the notes as he was explaining happily his godlike theories. The more he explained, the more jolly he seemed as he got into the blithe of playing with numbers and angles and greek symbols.

We noted that we're actually doing our masters in maths now because we're having a Phd. holder/math genius/insane lecturer teaching us.

He kept asking "Ok?" after his philosophical explanations and we would(half of us at least) shake our heads, then he would gleefully reply "Ok" and jump to the whiteboard to write down more formulas. Then he applied the theories practically into questions which he wants us to solve in 30seconds then he said "So help me (solve this)" directing the order at us and I muttered "And God help us..."

I managed to keep up with his lecture apart from copying down all his notes successfully and constantly drawing the circles of radius 1 to prove their comparabilities. My roomie wanted to borrow the notes from me. I noted that he recopied EVERYTHING he had written and from my part of the notes.
Then I asked "Why rewrite everything?"
Nelson: cuz my handwriting ugly mar, just now so rush writing the notes.
Hayden: Dude, it's your own writing, there's no need to waste time since you're the only one best who knows how to read your own handwriting.
Nelson: Aiya it's like looking at girl ma, takkan you wanna see ugly girl right.
Hayden: YOU'RE COMPARING YOUR HANDWRITING TO LOOKING AT GIRLS? YOU GET HIGH BY LOOKING AT YOUR OWN HANDWRITING?!?!

hahahaha followed by bursts of laughter!

anyways hope that crap I delievered was amusing enough. Thanks for reading everyone!

avec rires, hach

No comments: