Monday, September 08, 2008

Up Till Now- Including 2 Dota Reports

Wiu Uni life in UTP is hectic. Like the saying "There's no rest for the wicked.." Waseh, no relation xD Anyways, being held up with tests and projects, assignments and reports and other unexpected turns of events. I will be having Poster presentation today, tests this week and the next( probably until the mid-sem break) and then I'll also be having Drama presentation next week. Woo, one thing after another. I think I just failed my Chem test, and maybe just passed my Engineering maths test. xDahh

About a week ago, I missed out a Christian camp just because I had to attend to drama script writing and discussions, sports assignment on Beijing Olympics, and studies on upcoming tests( I still did badly wtfish? xD) But Bui went there and I'm sure he can fill you guys in on the details whenever he has the Time To Post a Real Post :D

Played a first Real DotA game ever since I entered UTP. It was satisfying alright. The moment I came back from my caregroup meeting, i bust open the "Dota room" and found Bui and his pals playing. One of them filled me in "They're playing against other people." I thought "GG?" But naw it can't be, line's too slow for a snail. And so came to a conclusion they were playing against peeps around the village through LAN. Their game started as a 4v4 match, I watched.

1st game AP match,the matchup was Scourge= Bui- POTM, Yen Hua(friend)- DP, Meng Kiat(friend)- Nvrmore and Yi Teck"Ite"(friend, forgot how to spell it right xD)- SB against Sentinel= NA,VS,CK and 1 more, I forgot. I didn't think they could win at first(Bui kena First Blood swt). But the sentinels(opponents) didn't have teamwork, they always gang in a group of 2, rarely 3, but never a complete team. What surprised me was that Mk's Nvrmore was at top lane against VS n CK(2 stunners) but still the enemies never really tried to kill him swt.
The NA was no hunter neither so he wasn't much of a threat. In fact, Scourge took the advantage of feeding on VS(too tofu and barely swaps) and pounded CK's farming(he never got the chance to complete bf). In the end, Nvrmore rose n got byg with Bui's support and SB. GG game for the Scourge winning with not much resistance.

In the 2nd game AP match, 5v5 Scourge= ioxy(me)- DK, Lee(friend)- Medu, Yi Teck(Ite)- Tide, Mk- Slardar and some dude nicked "hc"(don't know who his face is)- Brood against Sentinel Invoker, NA, X, Sniper and Ursa. I went mid with Ite facing NA and Invoker, Bui n Mk top against X n Lee soloing against Sniper and Ursa. I got First Blood after nabbing a haste rune and went to top, X didn't see it comin.
But Tide(Ite) was not very good at controlling and was facing difficulties throughout the game. Our Brood was even worse( or worse).
In one instance, I reserved a haste rune for him and pointed out that his life was low. Upon seeing Invoker alone at mid( by now Invoker was owning the kills), I pinpointed him to gb Invoker. BUT I went in alone instead and died. Brood was already back in the fountain after using the haste to just run back. Our Tide was not very good in deciding skills to use at times either.
So we were under pressure early - Ursa farmed and got Roshan when I was just lvl 9, Invoker was nearing a Wicked Sick streak, NA was being a pain in the back, X was running around( good and bad) and Sniper was definitely farming.
Invoker was the main threat- he got bloodstone earlier than expected, skadii next and then deso( he took Sniper's items after Sniper dced from game but Sniper was feeding swt). With the ghost walk, meteor, whirlwind, sun strike, deafening blast and others, it was no easy task.
After some proper gb, we were slowly rising back up. Slardar's ulti was able to see invi heroes woot then he got Hearts, I managed to get to lvl 16 n got ultimate dragon form just finishing Cuirass and BoT n Medu managed to come up with Mjolnir. We 3 were able to hold out while Tide and Brood were farming for quite long( good grieves they were able to rise- they both got bf wtfish?
Fortunately, Medu killed him and ended his byg streak. Invoker showed off by saying he want to kill Medu cause Medu just killed a pro. We were like "lol?". I replied "We just didn't aim you that's all"
In near end, our combos consisted of -20 armour reduction to a single selected target (Amplify + Cuirass aura)Even Ursa's and Axe's life were reduced to bits in a matter of 3 seconds. The addition of DK's frost splash which is able to slow enemies, Medu's pain and purge support and lastlyz the Tide and Brood joined in the push in the last moments xD..We were able to grip the game easily at last.
The game ended with me and Slardar rushing into the fountain. I got a Triple Kill in there just before the world tree was destroyed xD. That was a grand finish "GG"
Mk got 14 kills, me and Lee got 11 kills.

(Bonus match)The 3rd game was a small 3v3 SD match, we just play for fun. Scourge= ioxy(me)- Enchantress, Bui- POTM and Mk- Lanaya against Ite- Sniper, hc- Silencer and some dude- Banehallow. I was bottom against Bane(LOL), Bui was mid(he got First Blood this time) and Mk top. I fed on Bane at least twice early game, then he was forced to switch lanes. After a time of free farming, Sniper came along. But his distance was an advantage to mine as well xD so he was no threat. After abit of free farming and breaking bottom tower, I went back home with 5k in hand. A good start eh?
Some funny parts are that Bane always uses his ulti to flee. And silencer's silence was annoying.
In the end, Bui got guinsoo( a good disable) with some others, Mk with Deso and some others, I got Bot, Orchid and Necronomicon. We keep killing them IN the fountain too xD
The game ended with me getting 19 kill 0 deaths 10 assists( I last hit alot O:, but hey Bui I gave some to you too but your damage wasn't able to take it away from Mk ka? xD)

No comments: