Sunday, August 17, 2008

A Saturday V

A Saturday V
On a certain Saturday,
In the dead of the night,
When the frogs began to play,
And crickets hit the symphony right.
All this,
Out of sight.

We were literally distant,
She spoke for my choice,
Close to silent,
But her voice,
A sorrow concealed within,
This was not her usual self.
Her grief vaguely showing.

Nevertheless, it was made clear,
The unlikely end made its appearance.
It was all that she had to fear,
Which led to blame without vengeance
And desolated her will.
All hopes turned false,
Her backup plan yielded nil.

I did not grasp flawlessly,
But I definitely tried to
Give her hope sincerely
And maybe pull her through.
I was certain,
Though I tried to light her a candle,
Her grief was still present.

It was quiet,
I unconsciously detected,
But we were not tired,
Hence I was deeply affected.
She denied everything,
But I constantly acknowledged her.
So the clouds were slowly departing.

I have not seen it likely,
But I can feel her smile,
Nearly perfectly,
Like she is freed of her denial.
She laughed her hushed merriment,
As we gave amusing remarks,
And lived a joyful moment.

I was contented and all,
But it was too soon,
For the curtains would eventually fall,
Then came the full moon.
But it was for her gracious being
That I must accept this.
And maybe,
Just maybe later,
We might meet back at those crossroads,

And have a beautiful walk together.

No comments: