Sunday, August 31, 2008

My Homecoming Merdeka

Woke up at 7 in the morning that Saturday morning. Couldn't sleep. Because it was time to fly!
My friends had all gone and I was alone in the room that's situated at the corner of the top most floor of the hostel, Nice(pronounced as Nis). Dom was elsewhere before I even get to wave him off. Quan's brother and mom personally came to pick up his stuff on t
he TOP MOST floor. Nelson and Eddy were already crashing at their friends house to hit Sunway Lagoon. Teo was kind enough to leave an apple behind on his table and texted me to remind me to have a healthy breakfast. So I packed up, in the deafening silence I had a look around the room to make sure nothing was missed as I stood at the doorstep(Nelson was perpetually reminding me to turn off all switches and lock all windows just cause he doesn't want to come back to see the room end up looking like a typhoon hit it or got charred black. Heh, pffftt so what, no big deal x))
*Klick Klack* I hammered the lock that was, as usual, being stubborn.
Kuang said, "Hayden, let's go." which was quite a common phrase I got used to from him and I was glad at this one. It was time to leave this "home" for the real one!
I had Kuang & Pei Chen for company though their flight was at around 1.40pm to Kelantan whilst mine was at 3pm back to Miri. It's definitely costly to eat at any airport. We ate at McD's and the cheapest meal there begins with rm11. I had an upgraded Big Mac meal and it was definitely filling(I believe the large coke did the most job).

I have to admit the journey home is never pleasant and I still feel the effects of motion-sickness from riding a taxi, a train, a bus, an airplane, and finally my car x) but it feels dame good to be home! :)

No comments: